nyc

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Superior Seeing

The Emptiness of Yourself


Repeat the meditation from yesterday.

1.
Remember, first identify the 'goktcha,'  the object that you are going to deny.

The Goktcha is a fixed, solid "I" with inherent qualities and characteristics; a specific nature.

2.
In the next step, we are going to try to deny this fixed 'I,' (the goktcha), by contemplating whether I am my body or my mind.

Go through the contemplations, there are many ways to deny this.

3.
Perhaps by now, the 'I' has vaporized - it doesn't feel so fixed anymore.  Meditate on the vapor.  Hold that as long as you can.

**

Can you see that the "I" is just a projection.  The 'I' is empty of any inherent qualities. The way that you perceive the "I" depends on your karma; your past actions.   Your karma forces projections upon you.  You are not actually in control in this moment.  Everything is empty.  Everything you experience, the world and all its objects including you, are empty.  Everything is a projection.  Realize what seeds you  planted in the past that color your reality now.  What don't you like?  Don't plant similar seeds.  What do you like? Continue to plant those seeds.

Though we don't have control in the present moment because it has already been determined by our past karma,  we do have complete control of our future.  What do you want?  Plant those seeds now.  What don't you want?  Stop planting those seeds now.  You can create your future paradise.  All of these realizations come from first seeing the Emptiness of the "I"

It may take days just to get to step 1 - identifying the goktcha.  So, don't worry.  This entire meditation of seeing the emptiness of the "I" should be done for several days.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to write them through the comments section of this blog.  You questions will help us all.

Love
Reema

Go inwards, contemplate:  Can you find an "I"?

Is the 'I' always changing? Is there some fixed quality the 'I' possesses?  

It may take days just to identify the Gotcha - to meditate long enough to see that there is no fixed "I."

No comments:

Post a Comment